The Powerful Watchdogs programme (Program “Mocna Straż”) is one of the three main programmes implemented by the Citizens Network – Watchdog Poland.
The programme objectives are as follows:
- Collecting knowledge on watchdog activities;
- Supporting development of the activities by watchdog organisations and enforcing their impact.
The activities within the Powerful Watchdogs programme include:
- Running a website collecting knowledge on watchdog activities,
- Providing consultancy for organisations that carry out or wish to carry out watchdog activities,
- Visits to organisations carrying out watchdog activities,
- Providing education to organisations carrying out or wishing to carry out watchdog activities,
- Arranging meetings to expand knowledge and awareness on watchdog activities,
- Propagating the idea of social control,
- Enhancing the sense of identification of the watchdog organisations with the idea of social control.
Own initiatives and tools of the Powerful Watchdogs programme:
- A website www.watchdog.org.pl
- An online-stationary course “On guard” (“Na straży”)
- Open online courses
- Counselling (at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +48 22 844 73 55)
- Seminars for watchdog organisations
- TransparencyCamp Polska
While carrying out the Powerful Watchdogs Programme, our Association is a partner to to the Stefan Batory Foundation who runs a grantmaking programme Democracy in Action. We implement together the Civic Scrutiny component.
In all our activities, we use our own experience arising from the programmes oriented to control and promote the right to information and municipal budget. These are the Non-Governmental Centre on Access to Public Information and the Civic Budget.
PARTNERS AND SPONSORS
The functioning of the portal is possible thanks to the support by our partners and sponsors.